June is National Adopt A Cat Month! Your local animal shelter is full of lonely kitties that would love nothing better than to be adopted by you and welcomed into your home. Most shelters have more cats than dogs because there are just more homeless cats wandering around than dogs. Did you know that June 4th is International Hug Your Cat Day? June is certainly a month to celebrate cats and save a cat’s life too; even they a cat may claim they have nine lives, helps to save a cat’s life and adopt one to add to your family.
Have you wondered if you are a cat lover or a dog lover? Here are a few fun hints to help you know if you are ready to adopt a cat this month.
- You are a dog person if you actually look forward to being attacked with love every time you walk in the house.
- You are a cat person if you feel loved when your pet slowly rises from her pillow and looks at you when you enter your home.
- You are a dog person if slobber does not disgust you.
- You are a cat person if hairballs do not disgust you.
- You are a dog person if throwing a ball over and over sounds like a good time.
- You are a cat person if dangling a string sounds like a good time.
- You are a dog person if your parents have bought the same kind of pet food for years.
- You are a cat person if you are constantly offering your pet new foods and never knowing if it will be accepted or not.
- You are a dog person if the edges of your couch pillows are chewed up.
- You are a cat person if the edges of your couch are chewed up.
- You are a dog person if there are pet treats in your pocket.
- You are a cat person if there is animal hair in your pocket.
- You are a dog person if you have a bag of plastic bags.
- You are a cat person if you have a bag of litter.
- You are a dog person if you love to hear a gentle snore.
- You are a cat person if you love to listen to a gentle purr.
So, are you a cat person? If your answer is “YES!” congratulations! Cats are loyal and gentle and happy to spend the whole day sleeping in the sun near a window. The sweetness of a contented purring sound is wonderful! Find an animal shelter near you and go visit some cuddly kitties today! Love to hear from you! Do you have a cat already? What is the best thing you and your cat do together?
Susie is a freelance writer who has always had a dog as part of her family since childhood. Her current writing partner is Layla, a mixed breed Labrador and Cocker Spaniel. http://susieklein.wordpress.com/
Based in Phoenix AZ., animal lover Kelly Preston is an award winning author of Real Dogs Don’t Whisper, a book in which she talks about her experiences and adventures with her special needs dogs and the life lessons they have taught – how she has learned and grown from them and they have learned and grown from her. Preston also produces Mr.MaGoo’s Corner, a free monthly dog-focused newsletter that features a reader of the month, birthday announcements, green pet tips, organic dog recipes and more.